Time to get serious about starting the New Year clean and clear! Here’s a summary of the basics on detoxification, why you need it, how to know you are toxic and ways to help your body clear out toxins.
The Top 3 Reasons You Need to Detox:
- We live in an increasingly toxic world with exposure to hundreds of new chemicals our bodies never encountered even 50 years ago. These toxins can be in the air, water, your food or the products you use.
- Toxins that stay in your body cause cellular damage and inflammation that can lead to allergies, arthritis, autoimmune disease, Alzheimer’s disease, fibromyalgia, digestive disorders, heart disease, cancer and a host of other frightening ailments.
- You have a built-in detoxification system composed of blood & lymphatic filtration, kidney filtration and your main detox organ, your liver. However, these organs are being overloaded due to reason #1 above, so your body needs assistance.
The Top 10 Symptoms That Let You Know You May Be Toxic:
- Fatigue, sleep problems, moodiness
- Joint pain, muscle aches
- Digestive discomfort – constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating, heartburn, etc.
- Sinus problems
- Trouble losing weight
- Skin problems, rashes, psoriasis, acne, etc.
- Menstrual disorders
- Difficulty concentrating
The Top 6 Ways to Help Your Body Detox:
- Eat lots of green vegetables, fresh organic berries and cruciferous vegetables
- Drink plenty of purified water daily, (½ oz. per pound of body weight is the goal)
- Improve your digestion with probiotics, fermented foods, digestive enzymes and healing foods & herbs
- Sweat daily by aerobic exercise or infrared sauna
- Encourage your lymphatic system with bouncing on a rebounder or exercise ball, dry skin brushing and Lymphatic Massage
- Engage in a specialized Detoxification Program prescribed by a healthcare professional that increases the effectiveness of your liver’s ability to transform toxins and helps your body remove the toxins
Related articles: The Low Down on Detoxification